Apple has released new 4.2.2 Build 8F305 (iOS 4.3) software update for second generation Apple TV. This firmware update for 2G users brings number of bug fixes including audio, video and stability improvements. Apple TV 2G iOS 4.2.2 firmware file direct download links and complete changelog can be found after the break.
- Audio: Addressed an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio video outpout: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16 bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description: Addresses and issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
You can update your Apple TV 2G straight from your device just go to Settings > General > Update Software, and easily download and install the latest Apple TV 4.2.2 firmware build.
Or you can also download firmware file from the direct link given below and update it via iTunes.