First iOS 6.1.1 Beta Update for Developers Released by Apple
Apple users were treated to iOS 6.1 update only a few days back, and now the first beta version of iOS 6.1.1 has already been launched for developers. The update build for this beta is called 10B311. The beta version so far brings with it a bunch of improvements to the Maps especially for Japanese users. Only two days back the Evasion jailbreak for iOS 6.x was also launched, but it has a couple of bugs, the beta build might have the cure for these bugs, but no information on that as yet.
The iOS 6.1.1 beta includes these improvements to Maps for Japan:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower.